Perched above the sparking Gulf of Thailand, Vikasa Retreat center offers both secluded privacy as well as easy access to the popular beach towns of Lamai and Chaweng, both 10 minutes away. Vikasa’s mission is to foster yoga’s transformative potential by creating a personal sanctuary that embraces a spectacular natural setting, healthy food choices, and like-minded community. It’s the ideal place to practice yoga, find like-minded people, eat healthy food, and evolve in an amazing natural environment.
Become a Yoga Teacher at Koh Samui
200-Hour Teacher Training
Dates: March 13 – April 1, 2022
Led by Senior YogaWorks Trainers David Kim, Jodie Rufty & Anna Zorzou
Location: Koh Samui, Thailand – View Training Destination location & retreat info
Registration: Register now online by clicking here
Single room with shared bathroom (Yoga Cave): $4500 USD
Single room with en-suite bathroom (Zen Bungalow): $4900 USD
What’s Included in your Program Price:
- 200-Hour Program Tuition
- Five (5) Training Manuals
- Accommodation for 19 Nights
- Daily Brunch & Dinner
- 4 Months of Free YogaWorks Online access (livestream & recored classes)
*Manuals will be sent digitally to students enrolled in the program. Printed copies will be available for sale at an additional cost.
What is NOT Included in your Program Price:
- Internataional and domestic flights
- Transfers to/from Vikasa Yoga Retreat
- Any additional snacks/meals outside of the included meal plan
- Additional Book List
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- PCR tests
Students are required to take 12 additional yoga classes (only in-studio or online yoga classes are accepted) before and/or after the 200-Hour program in order to experience different styles, levels and methodologies. These classes may be taken at any yoga studio. Once you have enrolled in the 200-Hour program, you will receive an Acceptance Letter and a Class-Taking Requirement Form. You must submit your completed Class-Taking Requirement Form to the Teacher Training Department, no later than one month after the 200-Hour program’s end date. Home practice, workshops, Fitness, Barre, or Pilates classes do not count towards this Class-Taking Requirement.
For All-Inclusive/Destination Trainings (a training location that includes room and board) a USD885 deposit, is due upon enrollment to secure your spot. After submitting your USD885 Deposit, a Program Advisor will be in touch to discuss the full package price and the remaining balance due.
Full payment is required 30 days before the start of the program. If you cancel fewer than 30 days or more prior to the program start date, your deposit and payments will be refunded. If you cancel fewer than 30 days before the start of the program start date, your deposit will be non-refundable but your balance will be refunded.
Once the program begins, the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
All participants will be housed in shared or private rooms. Nestled among the property’s palm- tree-studded hillside, all rooms feature either two twin beds or one double bed, free Wi-Fi, A/C, mini- fridges, electronic safes, coffee/tea makers, soap & shampoo, simple furnishings, and en-suite bathrooms; most have private terraces and sea views. All afford direct access to Vikasa’s private, rocky beachfront.
- YOGA CAVES (single occupancy with shared bathroom) Bridging the gap between a hotel room and an authentic Thai experience, our Yoga Caves are small but very comfortable rooms that offer sweeping views over the sea and rocks below. Relax on your comfy bed facing out over the ocean and take in one of the best panoramas on Koh Samui. Sleep, read or meditate in peace. Modest in terms of size but still to our high standards, the air-conditioned Yoga Caves offer a quiet, personal place to stay for individual travelers. The yoga caves do not have bathrooms en-suite. There is a large shared and public restroom and shower facility located just behind the block of Yoga Caves. The showers have hot water and shampoo provided. A bathrobe is provided in each cave for your comfort.Twin bed, Spectacular ocean view, Air conditioning, Shared bathroom and shower (hot water), Mini fridge, Electronic safe, Free WiFi.
- ZEN BUNGALOWS (single) The Zen Bungalows are perfectly named, being traditional huts built with local, natural materials. They provide an opportunity to leave contemporary hotels behind and feel yourself become totally at-one with Koh Samui’s natural surroundings, with the stunning views from our cli -top location right outside your door. A truly authentic experience. Please note that the Zen Bungalows are designed for solo travelers.Twin bed (single occupancy only) • Garden View, Air Conditioning, Cooling Fan, Mosquito nets Small private bathroom with hot water, Mini fridge, Electronic safe.
The Vikasa Life Café specializes in healthy, organic local fare. Blessed with a spectacular ocean view, it is a wonderful venue to relax, enjoy a light meal or smoothie, and soak in amazing sunsets. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know on your training registration form.
Exploring the Island & Activities
You will have plenty of time to explore on your own or with your fellow yogis! Vikasa can assist with planning day trips and arranging transportation. Optional activities include beach-hopping, spa treatments, Thai cooking classes, waterfall hikes, ocean sports, and visiting local villages and cultural sites.
Travelling to Koh Samui, Thailand
We recommend that you book an international flight directly to Bangkok – the newer Suvarnabhumi (BKK) or the older Don Mueang (DMK) — and then take the short connecting flight (typically Bangkok Airways) to Koh Samui (USM). From Koh Samui airport, the quickest route to Vikasa is via taxi. We will create a contact list for those of you who want to share taxi transfers.
Citizens of the USA and most EU and Asian countries do not need a visa to enter Thailand, unless you plan to stay longer than 30 days. Double-check with your local Thailand Embassy/Consulate for visa requirements.
For July-August, average Koh Samui temperatures are 84F (29C), and rarely drop below 75F (24C). Short bursts of rain are normal. Climate is perfect for beach lovers, so please bring plenty of sunscreen if you burn easily.
What to wear
Lightweight yoga outfits, beachwear, and cotton clothing is the norm. If you enter a local temple, etiquette dictates covered knees (long pants, skirt, or wrap) and shoulders (shirt with sleeves or coverall/wrap).
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout Vikasa and inside the rooms. Vikasa has an ATM on-site; banks are easily reachable in nearby Chaweng or Lamai. Local SIM cards are available at local 7-11 and Family Mart stores.